The ARC ride will give an amazing view of 3 historic english houses
King John House is on the site of a hunting ‘box’ used by King John in the very early years of the 13th century. He held a ‘knight’s fee’ through his second wife Isabella, and would meet the other huntsmen under the nearby Larmer Tree
Chettle House, the village manor, is a red brick Baroque mansion designed by Thomas Archer, a pupil of Vanbrugh, and built by the Bastard brothers of Blandford Forum during the reign of Queen Anne. Pevsner considered it to be one of England’s finest Baroque houses. Two rounded ends were added to the house in 1912.